Tuesday, January 11, 2011

They

They say I'm funny
They say I'm smart
They think they know me
But they really do not

Those who are closest say I don't show emotion
They can't tell if I'm mad or if I'm sad
They can only see that there is something on my mind
They are looking for something they can not find
But I'm not supposed to show emotion
For I am a man

They say my life is tragic
After all I've been through and still only a teen
I've yet to attend a wedding
But funerals I've seen plenty
When I lost a parent
I could not speak
It was only tears that I leaked
My brother was another
It was all too quick
Young enough to wear a bib
He died in his crib
I'll never forget how hard my father squeezed as they laid his son to rest
I could not cry
I could not speak
I just stood there and stared
For the answers that I seeked
The lowest of the low
But it got better
How could it not?

They assume my life is sad
But it hasn't been that bad
I've been given a lot and I've worked for what I got

What they say isn't entirely true
To learn the facts you must ignore the fool

No comments:

Post a Comment