Sunday, February 13, 2011

Greed

Money, Money, Money
That’s all people want
Meanwhile I’m sittin’ here nearly bankrupt
I can barely pay my bills
I’m barely scraping by
But society doesn’t care
As long as they get their share
Because it’s all about money
And isn’t kind of funny
How greedy some are
While others our hungry
We watch them suffer
As the weak get weaker and strong get tougher


Here Bill, have another million dollars
While little Phil has to walk a mile for fresh water
But for just a dollar a day … Fuck the commercials
What can I say
Because money is everything in our world today
You get judged by the amount in your account
All you are is another figure
See if your math teacher can figure that equation out
Scratch your head and wonder and awe
We haven’t made it all that far
You are not you with no money in the bank
… one of us had to be a little bit frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment